top of page

In Washington, "final" child support orders can be modified or adjusted.  Similarly, "final" parenting plans can be changed based upon a "major modification" or "minor modification".  In dealing with child support or parenting plan modifications, the Court has very specific statutory criteria to follow.  However, generally speaking, the Court cannot modify most property awards or debt allocations entered in final divorce or legal separation orders.   

If you would like to read more about modification, please visit our blog page for a more in depth discussion of a variety of family law topics. If you have a specific concern or question about modification please contact us at or call at 253-838-3377.

bottom of page